Friday, August 12, 2011

washer necklaces





I have a fun project to share with you today. These are necklaces that I made out of washers (the kind you pick up from the hardware store.) I was looking for an inexpensive project that some ladies from my church could do. You would never know that these are inexpensive to make because they look so awesome.



Here are the supplies you will need:

Washers (mine had 1/2" holes)
twine or cord
two sizes of circle punches
ultra thick embossing powder
Versamark ink pad
embossing gun
patterned paper
beads
glue






Here's how you make them:


1. Make your paper ring. What I did is I took the two smallest circle punches I had, made my paper ring, and then took my ring to Home Deopt with me to match it up with a washer. Washers come in all sorts of sizes so it's a lot easier to match up your punches to the washer than vice-versa.

2. Glue the paper ring onto the washer.

3. Press the paper-side onto the Versamark ink pad and then sprinkle on your embossing powder. Make it thick!

4. Emboss your washer. It will be HOT, wait a few minutes before you pick it up again. If you have dimples, you can do a second coat of embossing powder. Note: you can also use Diamond Glaze or Glossy Accents instead of embossing powder. I just like the embossing powder because it's faster. And I like embossing stuff. ;)

5. Tie the washer onto your cord, add a bead, and tie a square knot.

That's it! Super fun and easy. My daughter and I have been making these for her friends.

I've been a very busy girl, and here's why... I have some exciting news to share. A new stamp company has licensed artwork from Lizzie Anne Designs, and they are hiring us to illustrate ongoing new artwork for them. I'm also currently designing a new website for them, and Meridith and I will be managing the design team! We are really excited and feel like this was the perfect opportunity for us. More details to follow... the new company launches mid-September!



6 comments:

Cassie said...

What a great project! TFS!

Ida said...

These necklaces are wonderful.
Wow your news is exciting. It will be so much fun seeing Lizzie Anne designs carried on with the new company. Best of Luck!

wendyp said...

Adorable!!! i picked up washers last year to try making these and still haven't gotten to that project. Going to have to remember where I put those washers and give this a try!

I'm so glad to hear that you and Meridith will still be designing! Can't wait to check them out in Sept!

Tiffany said...

These are wonderful, Tricia!! I will have to give this a try, always looking for fun alterable items to work with!

Jacynthe said...

What a fun & simple project! Will be trying these soon. Very excited to hear about your upcoming project!!! Wishing you the best!!

Erica said...

These necklaces are wonderful.

Year Old Birthday Party Ideas