Wednesday, August 20, 2008

a new use for stamps


I've found a new use for stamps. Making faux paintings for your daughters doll house! Ha ha ha! Madeline's little painting there is the Eiffel Tower and frame from our Ooh La La! set. (The house actually came with a painting of the Eiffel Tower but my homemade painting is much cuter.)

How cute is this Madeline dollhouse? I found it at a consignment store yesterday and bought it for my daughter...we've been playing with it all morning. Okay who am I kidding, I bought it for myself, my daughter is 15 months old. What can I say? I find that I am drawn to things I loved as a child lately...doll houses, Barbie, school supplies and the big box of Crayola Crayons! I wish I was buying myself school supplies.

Of course, my daughters favorite toys are my cell phone, my keyboard and mouse, the X-box controller, and anything that starts with a lowercase "i". She must take after my husband.

(okay I love things that start with a lowercase "i" too. ;)

9 comments:

Meridith Anne said...

hahahahah I love it! I would totally be playing with it too!

moheron said...

OOhhh I love this dollhouse. I actually bought one for my daughter Madeline about 7 years ago or so (she is 10 now). She played with it for a little while but didn't love it as much as I did. Thanks for bringing back memories of my beautiful baby.
Maureen

Terri said...

That little painting is really cool. I was like that when my daughter was that age too. I even bought a doll how for me/her too. lol.... You are really lucky you got the Madeline doll house they discontinued them so hang on to it.

Kendra said...

awwwwww...my daughter used to have Madeline dolls! What fun! I love your little added touch with the painting ~ LOL!

Katie said...

so cute! love the painting!

Rose Ann said...

Oh my gosh...how cute is this?!?!?! I'm loving it, Tricia!!

Bethany Paull said...

LOL. that is so cute.

ScrapScene said...

Oh cute! I did a similar thing with a doll house and stamps. Stamped on fabric and made mini curtains, pillow and bedding, chair cushions and wall art! You can see pics here: http://www.scrapscene.com/2008/07/clear-art-stamps-by-crafty-secrets-a-giveaway.html

Ginny said...

So cute!

I did similar things when I had my first daughter. Now they are 8 & 12 & I still do it :)