Thursday, July 17, 2008

sneak peek day #3


It's time to take a stroll down Holiday Lane! I've been so excited to show this set. One of the things I love about Christmastime is the childhood memory I have of the little Christmas houses my mother would set up around our fireplace. We would get one new house a year and our village kept growing. As I got older I insisted on helping to arrange the "Christmas village," complete with a church and a store and several houses and of course little trees and cobblestone fences. Now I collect Christmas houses...I have a little obsession with Department 56! My husband bought me my first Christmas house on our first anniversary (which is Dec. 17th). It was "The Old Curiosity Shop" from the Dickens collection. We've bought a new house every year for the past ten years and now I have my own little Christmas village! My kids adore it.

On to the stamp set...Holiday Lane was inspired by my love for Christmas village houses. This set features two houses, a store, and a church for you to make your own little village right on your card! Of course there must be accessories so you will also find a lamppost, fences, a cobblestone path, trees, and a little snowman. And the perfect sentiments to match! I can't even tell you how much fun I've been having playing with this set! The card at the beginning of my post is my first creation. Here is a close-up...as you can see these little houses have a lot of detail.



This is a card featuring the church with the "Christmas bells are ringing" sentiment because the church has a bell tower! I used some Basic Grey snowflake paper in the background and I made a ribbon tag for the sentiment with one of my Spellbinders Ribbon Tag Trio dies. Elegant!



Up on the housetop... see the little Santa feet going down the chimney? :)



Close up of this card...



I see many Holiday Lane cards in my future, I can't put this set down! Thanks for joining me for today's sneak peeks!

Meridith is presenting our Gizmos and Gears set, Super Hero single, and Little People set!

For more peeking, visit these Design Team blogs today:

Kirsten, Jeanne, Joslyn, Cambria, Katie, Kendra, Taylor, Rose Ann, Sherry, and Lauren.

11 comments:

suzy_h said...

Ok this is officially my favorite set! I LOVE IT AND IT SHALL BE MINE. Whoops did I get too excited?

I can't WAIT to play with the cobblestones!

Fantastic cards too :)

Crystal said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! This is absolutely a WONDERFUL set! I can't get over the church card either. Just fabulous! I didn't think I could love anything as much as the Christmas in the City set but this blows me away!

wendyp said...

Love this set! Incredible details on the images and its never to early to get a start on holiday cards!

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

OH this set is just wonderful!! It's weird thinkin' about the holidays in this heatwave, but my creative thought wheels are turnin'!!

Pegg S said...

I have been loving the sneak peeks! But I esp love this set Holiday Lane - so cute with the little houses and stores. I hope you make more of these for different seasons or types of stores. That would be so cute!!

Maria Levine said...

OMG I am going nuts over here seeing all these sets! This one is awesome! I LOVE those Christmas Houses, I have a bunch. Not the expensive kind though but I have a bunch. I haven't put them out the last couple of years because my kids are still way too young.

Bee said...

This little village is so cute and it's so much fun to be able to build a custom street/village! It's my favorite so far.
But all the sets are great! :-)

Cambria Turnbow said...

Totally wonderful.... but it makes me want every single set, so it's torture really. Man, this is an awebomb release! You rock... totally rock! :)

Rose Ann said...

I LOVE all of your Holiday Lane samples, Tricia!! Such a different look with each card, and so wonderful!!

Bonnie aka raduse said...

Oh my gosh, Santa's going head first down the chimney! Oh how cute! I can so see myself playing with this set.

Linsey said...

eek! These are precious! I love this idea for holiday stamps--fresh, fun and full of charm! k, now I'm getting hyped up! Can't wait for the party! Hugs!