Sunday, February 3, 2008

paper jolies lampshade


I have another CHA booth sneak-peek for you! These adorable, paper-flower embellished lamps will be displayed in our booth, adding a warm, inviting feel. These lampshades are a project you could easily do for your home. I plan on putting one of these lamps in my daughters room after the show!

Here's a little tutorial on how these were created...



Start by stamping a favorite flower on white paper and color them in. I used the big flower from Jolies Fleurs, and I've colored them in with Copic Markers in shades that match our booth (and my daughters room, convenient, huh? :)) Cut out the flowers.


Bend the corners of the flowers up a bit to give them a dimensional feel. Then attach them to the top of a cute lampshade! I just put a few glue dots on the back of my flowers and they worked great! If you want them a little more permanent, I'd try double-sided tape.

Another idea...try adding some sparkle with a jewel-brad in the middle of your flowers! This one is from SEI. Super cute!

6 comments:

Crestajune said...

This is sooo cool, Tricia! I love this! Your booth is going to be the coolest!

dpkennedy said...

Love those colors! What a cute lampshade...your daughter is so lucky!!

theysaywordscanbleed said...

that is such a cute design. The flowers made the lamp more refreshing and lovely.

Tiffiny said...

This is so adorable! I love this idea. I may have to do it for my daughter's room.

Rhonda said...

OMG! How adorable! This a fabulous idea! Thanks so much for sharing. I will be making one of those for sure! So cute....

Sheryl said...

I am loving all your new stuff.

Sheryl in Canada