Thursday, February 14, 2008
i heart cha
Hello everyone, we are back from the show! Yesterday was a crazy day...we were very busy in the morning and then when the show closed at 2:00pm we had to quickly tear down our booth, pack it up, and rush to the airport. A bit of a bummer....the airline lost one of my bags! And it was a bag with a lot of my displays in it like my tag tree, boo hoo! I'm really hoping it will show up here soon.
All in all though everything went very well and we agree it was one of the best times we've had at a tradeshow. Every time I go to a tradeshow I learn a lot. Here are the things I learned this year...
1) DO plan in time to get together after the show with fellow exhibitors and stampers and customers and SCSer's, etc. This is what made this trip SO much fun this year.
2) DO NOT bring your son's laptop with the missing "G" key (that he pried off the keyboard at some point) for blogging. Sometimes the letter "G" is needed in a word. (I had to press really hard...)
3) DO bring your good camera. I brought my point-and-shoot and was missing my SLR.
4) DO plan in some extra time for "booth" emergencies...like our sheet/swag thing. SO glad we had the time to find a solution. Our booth turned out lovely because of it!
5) DO save time to walk the show! This is something we didn't do last year. This year we made sure to plan in time to see everything we wanted to see. Fun fun fun!
Those are the five I can think of...there are always lots more but I think I'm getting this show thing down! :)
Make sure to see the photo that Debbie Olson took of us in our booth. Debbie was kind enough to give Meridith and I a little private Copic lesson, it was so great!
Debbie has a lot of good CHA picts so make sure to check them out. She was smart and brought the good camera ;)
There's another cute photo of Meridith, Trudee, and Lori on Trudee's blog...
I know more stuff is going to be popping up and we have more picts to share too so stay tuned.
Last but not least, Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Enjoy those chocolates!
Card features stamps in Little Bits L'Amour